Thursday, November 6, 2014

GoFundMe Project

I have a huge family, and many members of my family are nearby.  Others are all the way in sunny California, so I don't get to see them as often as I would like, but they are close at heart.  My Uncle Karl just completed a fundraising project for our adoption, and now my Aunt Kathie is beginning her own through GoFundMe.


About three weeks ago, Aunt Kathie sent me a letter explaining her idea.  And it literally brought me to tears.  Along with the letter, she sent a pink suncatcher for our precious daughter.  This is her first gift, and we will treasure it forever.


Her idea is to make and sell gorgeous suncatchers to help offset some of the cost of bringing our daughter home from Uganda.  It's humbling, really, to think about the time that some of our loved ones are investing in us and in our daughter's future.  We are not a perfect family, but we have a lot of love to give, and are extremely blessed to have so much support.


If you are so inclined, please check out the gofundme page she created.

No comments:

Post a Comment