Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stork Part I

It will be three years ago on April 19th since we received the most incredible news...we were pregnant!  We struggle with a variety of infertility issues, one of which is called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).  You can read more about that here.  I had to take Metformin and Progesterone to help regulate my cycles, and I also took Clomid to help conceive.  Well, obviously, it worked!

I remember that day vividly.  Darin and I had been told that it could take a few months to conceive while on Clomid, so we decided to start taking it right away, in hopes that we would get pregnant a few months down the road.  Instead, the medicine worked right away!  I wasn't feeling like myself and had skipped a period, so I decided to take a pregnancy test "just in case."  I think I ended up taking 7 tests in two days because I was in shock

 That would be a "cha-ching" - POSITIVE!!!

Here's how I told Darin...  While Darin was upstairs hanging out with Quincy, our nephew, I took a pregnancy test and took a moment to absorb the shock.  Then I listened in the doorway to make sure no one was coming, and ran to my closet to find my stork stuffed animal.  (I had told Darin a long time ago that my signal for being pregnant would be a stork on his pillow.)  After I found the stork, I put him on Darin's pillow and took a few pictures.
 Stork - the pregnancy bird

Then I waited (not so patiently) for Darin to come downstairs, and when he didn't come down right away, I yelled up for him, and he came down a few minutes later.  He didn't notice the stork right away, and when he did, it took a moment for it to register.  Then we hugged and sunk to the floor, staring at the pregnancy test.  TOTAL SHOCK.  We agreed not to tell anyone, but when I mentioned something to my sister, she guessed immediately.  I'll admit, I tried to lie about it, but then I felt terrible and ended up calling her that evening to tell her she was right after all.
 First Ultrasound!!!

He was so active - just running around!

Fortunately, my God is bigger than PCOS and infertility.  Thank you, God, for blessing me with the most amazing son.  Jonathan Daniel is full of life, laughter, and love.  He already has a heart for You, Lord.  He prays, makes prayer requests (tonight's prayer requests involved the "scary" monkey, "Toby" - the brown bear at the musuem, and "Paul" - the polar bear at the museum), sings praises, and lifts his hands to You as we sing praise songs at church.  He ends each evening reading his Bible, and he especially loves the stories about Jonah and Samson. 

This is the life verse that we chose for Jonathan:
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him.  So now I give him to the LORD.  For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD."
~1 Samuel 1:27-28

We started talking about another child over a year ago, and after a doctor's visit last summer, we were cleared to start trying again.  We used Clomid last summer/fall, to no avail.  After some minor medical issues in February, we were told to wait another 6 weeks before trying again.  Well, we are officially taking medicine again (Metformin, Progesterone, Clomid).  Please pray for us as we once again pray for the miracle of a biological child, as we wait upon the Lord to bring about the miracle of adoption.



No comments:

Post a Comment