Saturday, June 29, 2013

Three Months

My sweet angel, I can't believe that you are three months old already.  While I love your sweet personality, I do miss the early days when you were a newborn.  You have grown so much this month and have reached new milestones.  You follow people with your eyes, you recognize my voice, you grab toys (especially your giraffe and monkey), and you "talk" when spoken to directly.  You love to fold your hands together, chew on them, and stare at them.  You just recently started blowing spit bubbles and it is hilarious!  You started sleeping through the night this month (which is much earlier than Jonathan did - you...9 weeks; Jonathan...6 months).  Dr. Mack switched your medicine, which seems to help your tummy feel better.  No more grunting all night due to discomfort!  Most nights you will sleep about 8 hours in your swing (not for the motion because we do not turn it on, but to keep you upright), but some nights you wake-up, nurse for a few minutes, and then fall asleep in my bed.  I love that time with you; it's precious and will not last long.  Jonathan absolutely loves you.  I'm not kidding.  No sibling rivalry here yet, just pure love from your big brother.  And you love him, too.  You smile and laugh when he talks to you.  He loves to help calm you down when you are upset.  Jonathan often says, "It's OK, buddy.  You don't have to cry."  My personal favorite is when you started fussing and Jonathan held up his hand and said, "It's OK, Owie.  Settle down.  Settle down."  I'm hoping and praying that you will be the best of friends as you grow up together. You are a sweetie pie.  You have a very calm demeanor and rarely cry unless you are really hungry or tired.  Your face lights up when Daddy comes home from work and talks to you.  I love the way you smile in your sleep.  You are precious, Owen William.  I love watching you grow.

Two month stats
Weight: 11 lbs, 9 oz. (33rd percentile)
Length: 23 inches (50th percentile)

Three month stats
Weight: 13 lbs, 7 oz.
Length: 23 1/4 inches














No comments:

Post a Comment