Monday, August 19, 2013

A Pictureless Post

Maybe it's because I'm lazy, or maybe it's because I can not locate my camera cord at the moment, but for whatever reason, this post will be sans pictures.  Sad, but true. 

We moved into my dad and step-mom's house on July 27th, and while I wouldn't consider the move "smooth," it went just fine.  We had a great crew help us move.  Seriously, we probably have missed our moving deadline if our "movers" weren't so awesome.  You know all the extra crap stuff that you just don't know what to do with when you're packing, so you just leave it in the closet?  (I sincerely hope I'm not the only one who has this problem!)  Well, my "girl team" inside the house helped pack up all the loose ends while the guys were packing the POD.  Darin and I consider ourselves blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. 

Things have been rather chaotic since moving in...but that's bound to happen with TEN people living under one roof!  (Dad+Mom+Sister+Her3kids+Darin+Me+Our2kids=Pandemonium).  Actually, it means insane amounts of laundry, extra dishes, few moments of quiet, and lots and lots of fun with cousins and grandparents.  In the end, we wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the laundry part).

Last Friday, my sister and her kids moved out, so now there are just six of us.  Although, as I write this I can hear four children playing and running around upstairs because we're taking care of all the kids today.  :O)

When we first moved in, our family lived in two bedrooms upstairs, but last night we moved downstairs.  You know, musical rooms.  Kinda fun.  Certainly never a dull moment!

Busy doesn't even begin to describe our lives since we transitioned to our new church, but it's a good kind of busy.  We recently started going through a book entitled, The Story, together as a church body.   The annual Back-to-School picnic was last weekend.  Our church partnered with six other local churches to help provide haircuts, school supplies, and clothing to families in need in our community.  It was an awesome event.  I got to meet almost every family that attended the event because I worked the registration table...along with some other fabulous ladies. 

I am meeting a lot of people, and am moving outside of my comfort zone.  It's not always easy for me to form new friendships, but I am allowing God to work in me and through me, and I feel like I'm doing a good job of meeting new people.  (Although, remembering everyone's names is a little difficult!)

My classroom is almost finished.  I just have two bulletin boards to get ready and a few more boxes of things to put away before school starts the Tuesday after Labor Day.  Those things are really secondary to lesson planning and reading the files of all of my students.  So far, I have 15 students on my caseload, but I will be supporting an additional 15 or so students in Language Arts this year.  My first official day back to school will be the day that Owen turns 5 months old.  Crazy. 

More updates later.  Kids are crazy.  Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment