Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Owen's Quilt

Usually quilts take me a reallylongtime.  Like that baby quilt I was making for Owen that still isn't finished...or the baby quilt I was making for a sweet baby girl, only to find out it wasn't wanted and so I never finished it....  Yeah, I am not really a finisher, but I am working on this area in my life and am completing more projects that I begin.  So, when we thought of transitioning Owen to his big boy bed, I thought he needed a nice new quilt of his own.  The idea came together quickly - I did not use any patterns, just kind of winged it based on examples of quilts that I like.  And I finished it super fast - like the top was finished in less than 5 hours, and the backing was finished in less than 7 hours (although I did take a 9 day break between the two sides as I figured out what I wanted to do on the back).  Wow!  Speedy!  Hurray!  I finished something (hold the applause).  Just needs some trimming on the sides...and then it's off to the quilters!






No comments:

Post a Comment