Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pregnant! (Yes, me!) - Part II

When Darin came home from church, I was sitting in our bedroom.  We talked for a few minutes, and then I asked him to get me a glass of water from the kitchen.  I heard him coming back all too soon, so I said, "Make sure it's full.  I'm really thirsty."  HA!  I tossed the stork on his pillow and laid back nonchalantly.  He brought me my water, and said he was going to the living room to rest on the couch.  I can't remember what exactly I said to get him to look at his pillow, but it took him a while.  When he finally did, he picked up the stork and said, "What's this?"  And then he immediately put his hands to his face in total shock, and said, "Are you serious?"  I showed him the pregnancy tests (yes, "tests" is plural") that I had taken that morning, but the line was barely visible on either one of them, so I told him I'd test again the next day (and the next, and the next...you know, just to be sure!).

This is the stork that announced to Darin that we're expecting!

Pregnancy test #5 definitely shows up positive!
Isn't he the cutest big brother ever?


We told Darin's parents the news when we went to Indy for the Goodrich Family Reunion.  We really wanted to tell them in-person, and since I was already showing at 5 weeks, we didn't have much of a choice!  Jonathan and I rehearsed what he would say, and he did a great job!  He said, "I have a secret," and when Grandma Jeank and Papa Terry asked what the secret was, Jonathan said, "There's a baby in Mommy's tummy."  Papa's eyes welled with tears and Jeank said that she had been hoping and praying!  I wish we had pictures of this sweet moment, but Darin was too afraid to be the photographer because he thought he'd mess up.  :O)

Next, I called my brothers, Evan and Ryan, while they were vacationing together.  There reactions were pure joy, and my eyes cloud over with tears whenever I think about their excitement for this new sweet baby.

We invited my mom and step-dad over to "play with Jonathan" for a bit, and dressed him in his "Most Awesome Big Brother" shirt. (I bought it at Meijer, but it had long-sleeves, so I had to alter it.)  FORTY-FIVE minutes after my mom and step-dad arrived, my step-dad was talking about more kids and then noticed Jonathan's shirt.  My mom finally read it and said, "Shana, what does that say?"  Then she started screaming! 

Delayed picture - but the shock hadn't left her face, yet!

Another delayed picture, but I'm pretty sure this was his actual reaction!

Jonathan is so excited to be a big brother!
Then we told my dad and step-mom, Karen.  (Well, my dad already knew, so really we just told Karen.)  Karen watched Jonathan play drums for a bit, and didn't notice his shirt.  I finally got impatient (imagine that!), and told her to read his shirt.  She read it aloud and said, "Who are you a big brother to?"  Clueless!  She thought the shirt was a hand-me-down, so it took her a while to figure it out!  Jonathan finally said, "There's a mommy in Mommy's tummy."  Oops!  Then he correctly said, "There's a baby in Mommy's tummy!"

Take One.

Take Two.

Excited grandparents!

Love.

After sharing the news with all of our parents, I called my sisters and shared the news with them.  I wanted to tell everyone when we were together, but we weren't having much luck getting everyone together over the summer, and since I was huge already showing, we couldn't wait any longer!

The best part was that at our church's Connection Campout, Darin got to share our testimony from Mission Forward with the congregation again...only this time he got to end with "We're Expecting!"  Such a huge testimony of what God can do when His people sacrifice and pray.  Thanks for being so amazing, Bridgetown Church of Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment