Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Pink Pig

One afternoon, we were talking about the baby in my belly.  Jonathan said that it's not a baby, it's a pig!  I asked him why he thought it was a pig, and he said, "Because his name is Owen, like the Owen in my book."  Truthfully, Darin and I had a VERY hard time picking out another boy name.  Girl names were easy, but boy names were difficult.

My Picks:
  • Grayson
  • Jameson
Darin's Pick:
  • River (Seriously?  Our last name is Hudson!)
We could not agree on any of those names.  As we were reading to Jonathan at bedtime one evening, we came across the name Owen in one of Jonathan's favorite books, "I Love You All Day Long" (check it out here).  The characters in the book are pigs, and they are quite adorable.

Now that Jonathan knows the baby's name is Owen, he thinks that Owen is really a pink pig.  (You could seriously see the wheels turning in his mind when we told him the baby's name.)   He even told our doctor that the baby is a pig! 

In a conversation with Darin the other day, Jonathan said, "You know, there's not a baby in Mommy's tummy.  She's having a pig.  And pigs eat A LOT." 

I'm thinking Jonathan's in for a big surprise when this baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment