Monday, December 23, 2013

Gettin' My Crafty On

Jonathan and I made some fun crafts this year!  Some were gifts, and some were just for us.  It's always fun to see what I can get Jonathan to do because he's not very interested in "crafty" things.  It took me three whole days to convince him to let me paint his feet green.  Only one day for his hands, though!

First, we made a "magic tree" from a kit that I got at Michael's for 70% off.




He watched it for a loooong time, but soon got bored because nothing was happening.

12 hours later!
 I painted Jonathan's feet green and stamped them on canvas, and then painted Owen's feet green and stamped them on the canvas, too.  Then I drew a strand for lights with a paint marker, and wrote "Mistletoes 2013".  We used acrylic paint to make thumbprint lights.  Super easy and super fun!



Owen and Jonathan's feet, plus Jonathan's thumb prints for the strand of lights.  (Just missing the red bow at the top.)

We painted Jonathan's hands white to make snowman ornaments. Then I painted scarves, hats, and a carrot nose on each snowman.  I added "coal" eyes, mouths, and buttons using a black paint marker. 


Such a sweet ornament!  Thanks, Pinterest!
We even included Owen.
His didn't turn out so well....



I made a garland out of paint chip samples from Lowe's.  I just cut some fat and skinny trees, and added a trunk from another paint sample.  Then I hot-glued them to ribbon.  This was a "free" project because I already had the glue and ribbon on hand, and the paint samples were free.  (Don't worry, I used some of the paint samples to choose new wall colors for our dining room and kitchen.)





My mother-in-law and I made all of this play food for my nieces, Jade and Lily.  I also bought them each an apron from IKEA, a blue basket for storage, made them aprons on coordinating cardstock, and bought them a guest check order book from Amazon.

Play food, apron, and menus.


Restaurant in a basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment