Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Cake

I generally prefer healthy recipes, but this one is irresistible!  I don't have a picture of this scrumptious cake, but I HIGHLY recommend making this...you will not regret it!  I made this for my family's Thanksgiving brunch a few years ago, and I'm getting ready to make it again!  (This is not an original recipe; I got it from a lady from Kansas about 10 years ago.)

Pumpkin Cake

Pumpkin Mixture
1 can pumpkin mix - 15 oz.
1 can evaporated milk - 5 oz.
3 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs

Topping
1 box yellow cake mix*
1 1/2 sticks butter

Mix all ingredients for pumpkin mixture together and pour into 9x13 inch pan.  Sprinkle yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture.  Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter and drizzle over cake mixture.  Bake at 350 for 65-75 minutes.  Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.

*The more cake mix you use, the thicker the topping.  I use the entire box, but you can get away with using about 3/4 of a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment